Southport Police Dept. Training Academy
ILEA Certified Academy
We offer an ILEA Certified Academy consisting of over 600 hours of training. This academy is recognized by ILEA, and is eligible for the Tier 2 waiver.
- Criminal Law
- Defensive Tactics
- Field Sobriety
- + hundreds of other training courses.
The Indiana Law Enforcement Training board has mandated that all police officers within the state attend a minimum of 24 hours of annual in-service training. We offer classes year round that count towards the required 24 hours of in-service, including all mandates. We can provide a training calendar to our outside agency partners that will show upcoming training dates for the year, which you can schedule for your officers to attend. Some of the training available is:
- Defensive Tactics (State Mandated)/li>
- Firearms (State Mandated)
- Stop The Bleed (Tactical First Aid Training)
- DUI/Field Sobriety
- EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations)
- Use of Force/Criminal Law
Certifications / Misc Training
Certification with various law enforcement tools is important from a liability and safety perspective. We offer training and certification in several areas, some of which include:
- Taser Certification
- PBT Certification
- Stop Sticks Certification
- Handgun/Shotgun/Patrol Rifle Qualifications
- Baton/OC Spray Certification
Are you just interested in renting our facilities?
We also rent our facilites to outside agencies for internal training, including our FATS Firearm Use of Force Simulator. For more information